According to my Facebook newsfeed, the popular thing to do this month is to post something you are thankful for each day. I like the idea of this. I try to be thankful each day of the year. But since I am not writing about it on Facebook, I thought I would once again take a brief break from all things wedding and post my top 24 things I am thankful for…
- I am thankful for a second chance at love. I am thankful I have a husband that loves and supports me fully – no matter how crazy things may get. And I am thankful that he loves my boys as if they are his own.
- I am thankful for my boys. As crazy as my boys make me sometimes (What? You try having two 14-year-old boys in your house.) I am so glad to have them.
- I am thankful for my ex-husband. As crazy as he makes me sometimes (he is an ex for a reason) I would not have my boys if it weren’t for him.
- I am thankful for my amazing in-laws. I am so lucky to have found a man who not only loves me but his family loves me – and my boys – as well. And I am thankful for my former in-laws as well. Though we didn’t always see eye-to-eye they were my family for a long time. And some of them still are.
- I am thankful for my friends. My friends are extremely important to me – my surrogate family. From Mom #2 to my Sole Sisters – I love them all and would not be the person I am today without them.
- I am thankful for Danielle Penland. She reached out to me when I was engaged and showed me a new career path. And then she sold me the business when she decided to retire. I am eternally grateful.
- I am thankful for my new car. I can’t make this list entirely mushy, can I? I always dreamed of owning a VW Bug convertible and I finally have one. And I love her.
- I am thankful for my health, and the health of my loved ones. And I am also thankful for modern medicine – I am quite grateful I don’t have to have leeches put on me when I get sick.
- I am thankful for my part-time job which has enabled me to more aggressively pursue my dream of doing weddings full-time.
- I am thankful for my home. I have my white picket fence and I love it.
- I am thankful for J.K. Rowling. Without her I would never have met Harry Potter. And that would have just been sad.
- I am thankful for books to read, movies to watch and music to listen to. And that my eyes and ears function properly so I may enjoy them all.
- I am thankful for my pets. Bellatrix Lestrange Louzau may not be the tiny dog I wanted but she brings much joy to my life. And my cat Spike has been with me a long time and even if he frustrates me sometimes I am always glad to cuddle up with him at night.
- I am thankful for me time. This usually means a nice mani and pedi or a massage or facial but sometimes it means just vegging in front of the TV watching whatever my heart desires or reading in a quite corner somewhere.
- I am thankful for Joss Whedon – he brought me Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dr. Horrible. Joss is my master now.
- I am thankful for technology. Seriously – how much simpler is life now? I know technology can complicate matters but I love being able to call my husband when I forgot to tell him I need something at the store. Or much more likely, that I can call him when I am lost and he will point me in the right direction.
- Along those same lines, I am thankful for the internet. It is so much easier to get information today! I can find anything I want at lightening speed – and that beats driving from store to store any way you say it. Besides without the internet I would not be able to have this blog to share with readers like you.
- I am thankful for Facebook. I know – there are still those who have not come over to the dark side. But I love being able to see the photos from the party you went to last weekend and I love being able to share my photos as well. Plus, I enjoy some of those time-wasting games (not Farmville) and inane questionnaires.
- I am thankful for pretty things – be they flowers, sunsets, shoes or clothes, I am glad to see them and brighten my day.
- I am thankful for Nathan Fillion, Antonio Banderas, Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds. ’nuff said.
- I am thankful for Jim and Brian Henson. I grew up watching the Muppets on Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, or Fraggle Rock and I bought videos for my boys to watch when they were young. I love all of the Muppets but Fozzie will always be my favorite. And I am also thankful for Walt Disney. For too many reasons to list.
- I am thankful for cruises. My most favorite form of vacation – it is absolutely the most relaxing vacation you can take. And I am thankful for my Royal Caribbean credit card which enabled me to take a free cruise – so that when this posts I will be in Belize.
- I am thankful for birthdays. I love any reason to celebrate, including my own birthday two days ago. I am thankful for each year I am here and proudly proclaim my age as 41.
- I am thankful for Christmas carols and movies. ‘Tis the season to be jolly.