You know which wedding professionals you need, but how do you know who to trust? How can you be sure they will deliver what is promised? Below are 5 ways to help you be more certain you have chosen the right wedding professionals.
- Get referrals – it isn’t hard to get referrals for every wedding professional you need. Odds are you have at least one friend or family member that is recently wed or attended a wedding. Find out who they used, what they liked about them and if they would use them again.
- Check references – every wedding professional should be able to provide you with at least 3 recent references. Contact them and find out how pleased they were with their services. But keep in mind this: most people only give people they know will give a glowing recommendation so do not base your decision solely on this.
- Check on-line review resources! This is one of the most important things you can do. WeddingWire and WeddingChannel.com are specific to wedding professionals but don’t forget Google, Yahoo, CitySearch, Yelp, and Better Business Bureau. Be cautious of anyone with any overly glow-y reviews (they may or may not be genuine) or overtly awful (Bridezilla maybe?) reviews. Look for details – what did they specifically love/hate about this wedding professional?
- Trust your instincts – I’ve mentioned before that you should love your wedding professionals…no matter how highly recommended someone is, if you don’t love them then they are not the right one for you.
- Get a contract – It doesn’t matter what the service is, everyone that you are expecting something from on (or leading up to) your wedding day should have a contract. It protects you as well as them. Make sure everything is in writing including delivery time and date – and if anything is changed make sure it is in writing as well. And always have proof that the wedding professional has acknowledged all changes.
Sadly this is not a fool-proof method. But if you properly do your research, you have a much higher chance of hiring a worthy wedding professional that will be there for you on your wedding day.